Our squadron hosted a brunch for all of the new and soon-to-be brides and mothers in the squadron. It was SO much fun, and wonderful to see so many of my friends all at once. I brought a caramelized onion and asparagus egg casserole. It was delicious, very pretty, and seriously the easiest thing I think I’ve ever made. Perfect for Christmas morning, or anytime you need something vegetarian for a brunch like ours!
8 stalks asparagus, diced
1 onion, diced
2 c shredded cheese
2 T Greek yogurt
1 T milk
1 t salt
1 t pepper
1 T olive oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 350° and grease a 9″ x 13″ casserole dish.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on the stove and add the onion and asparagus. Sauté until the onions are caramelized (20 minutes or so).
- Meanwhile, lightly whisk the eggs, yogurt, salt, and pepper together.
- Add the cheese, onions, and asparagus into the bowl with the eggs and mix.
- Pour the contents of the bowl into the casserole dish and bake for 30 to 45 minutes, until no longer wet-looking and slightly golden brown on top.