When our sister squadron came home from their deployment, we brought a bunch of breakfast-y goodness for them to munch on while they waited around (there’s a LOT of waiting around). Instead of making coffee cake, I figured I would make muffins so that they’re easier to grab and share. These are super tasty, and really easy to make!
Recipe – Makes 8 large or 16 medium muffins
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°. Grease a muffin pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the ingredients for the topping. Using a fork, mash the butter into the dry ingredients until crumbly. Refrigerate until you’re ready to use it.
- Now using the muffin ingredients, beat together the butter, Greek yogurt, granulated sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy (3 to 5 minutes).
- Add the eggs one at a time until well combined.
- Turn your mixer to low and beat the baking soda, baking powder, and flour into the wet ingredients, in that order.
- Put approximately 2 tablespoons of the batter into each cup.
- Top with a spoonful of the streusel topping.
- Put more of the batter onto each cup, until 2/3 of the way full.
- Top with more streusel.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.