I had a pudding cake the other day at a friend’s house and thought it was really good. A combination of gooey cake and creamy pudding made a decadent dessert that was the perfect end to a meal. The more I thought about it, the more I decided that an Oreo pudding cake would be pretty tasty. So I set out to make one! I used a favorite chocolate cake recipe (or you could use a boxed chocolate cake mix), instant Oreo cookies n’ cream pudding, and crunched up Oreos.
Recipe – Serves 12
2 boxes instant Oreo cookies n’ cream pudding mix
4 c cold milk
- Make chocolate cake according to recipe or box instructions.
- When it’s nearly baked (2-3 minutes from being done), add milk to the pudding mix in a bowl. You want to let it set up for just a couple of minutes, but not all the way.
- Pull the cake out and use the end of a wooden spoon, rubber spatula, or a large straw to poke holes in the cake at one inch intervals.
- Pour the pudding over the cake.
- Use a spatula or spoon to spread the pudding evenly over the cake.
- Allow to cool before putting the cake in the fridge to set.
- Put 6 to 8 Oreo cookies in a baggie and smack against the counter until broken into small pieces.
- Crumble the cookies over the cake right before serving to keep them from getting soggy.