There’s nothing like sitting down with a plate of chocolate chip cookies and a tall glass of milk. I read somewhere in my research that cornstarch can make for a gooey, chewy cookie, so I tried adding it to one of my chocolate chip cookie recipes, and I have to say, they were right! These are so good!
Recipe – Makes 24
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter and sugars together until smooth and a light golden color.
- Add egg and vanilla in, one at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Slowly add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt, and mix until just combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Drop onto a cookie sheet using a standard cookie scoop, or in 1 1/2 or 2 tablespoon scoops.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until the edges are just barely golden brown. The tops won’t brown, but they will be fully cooked and delicious!
- Let cool on the cookie sheet for 3 to 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.