I LOVE strawberry anything. Strawberry jam, strawberry dressing, strawberry smoothies, chocolate-covered strawberries, strawberries with sour cream and brown sugar (maybe that’s a Southern thing), plain ol’ strawberries. This week, I found some delicious-looking strawberries at the store and decided we needed a strawberry salad for dinner one night. Made with homemade strawberry vinaigrette, it’s tangy and sweet and everything a salad should be!
Salad Recipe – Makes 4 appetizers or 2 entree salads
6 cups spinach
1/4 lb strawberries
1/8 c goat cheese (optional)
grilled chicken breast (optional)
1/2 c walnuts (optional)
4 T strawberry salad dressing (below)
- Toss the dressing with the spinach, strawberries, and walnuts.
- Top with goat cheese and chicken breast, if desired.
Strawberry Dressing Recipe
1/4 c white vinegar
1 T olive oil
3 T agave nectar (5 T sugar or honey can be substituted)
- Put the strawberries, vinegar, olive oil, and agave nectar into a food processor until smooth.
- If it’s too thick, add a little olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.