Being from Texas, Mexican food is by far one of my favorites. Our friends invited us to dinner tonight, and I offered to bring a side and dessert. When she said she was making white chicken enchiladas, I knew exactly what I was going to bring!
This “salad” has no green anything in it (unless you count a little cilantro), but it is actually really good for you, super easy and quick, and really tasty.
Recipe – Makes approximately 8 cups
2 c corn
4 c black beans
1 purple onion, minced
1 tomato, diced
1/4 c cilantro, chopped
2 T olive oil
1/4 c lime juice
- Combine the corn, black beans, tomato, and onion in a bowl
- Whisk together the cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl
- Pour over the salad and mix
- Chill until you’re ready to serve
- You can cook the black beans to ensure the healthiest version of this, but you can also use two cans of them. Just make sure they are “no salt added” and you rinse them well to get all the goop (that’s the scientific word) off of them before you put them in the mix.