I love these chocolate chip cookies! They’re a little gooey, but not nearly as heavy as 99% of chocolate chip cookies I’ve had. Perfect if you’re wanting a little something sweet after dinner. The best part about this recipe is that it doesn’t take much longer than slicing up some cookie dough from the store, but it’s way healthier since it has no preservatives and less fat than most. You can whip these up in less time than it takes to warm up your oven!
Recipe – Makes 24 cookies
1 t vanilla
1 c Crisco
3/4 c brown sugar
3/4 c white sugar
1 t baking soda
3 t baking powder
1 t salt
2 1/2 c flour
1 c chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°.
- Beat the eggs, vanilla, Crisco, brown sugar, and white sugar together.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour.
- Add to the mixture in the stand mixer and mix until it just comes together.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto a cookie sheet in 2 T balls (approximately). I use a cookie scoop to make it go faster and be more uniform.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until very light brown on the top.