These are some of my favorite quick breakfasts. They’re not actually muffins… They’re sort of like a quiche, but in individual serving sizes! Easy to make doesn’t begin to describe them, and you can get the kitchen cleaned up while you wait for them to bake. The best part is, they freeze VERY well and make for great breakfasts during the week. Just pull a couple out the night before, and re-heat in the microwave.
Recipe – Makes 12 Egg Muffins
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 T olive oil
- 1/2 c milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 lb. breakfast sausage
- 3 c chopped spinach
- 1 c grated cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 375°
- Cook sausage on medium-high until no longer pink.
- Drain of as much grease as possible. I like to lay it on paper towels and then use more to pat dry.
- Combine sausage, chopped spinach, and cheddar cheese in a medium-sized bowl.
- Spray muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Evenly fill each cup with sausage mixture.
- Whisk together egg mixture ingredients until smooth.
- Use a ladle (I like to use a gravy spoon) to pour over the sausage mixture in the pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until a metal knife can be inserted into the center and come out clean.
I highly recommend adding salsa or hot sauce on them as well when you’re sitting down for breakfast. Other things you could add instead of (or in addition to) sausage and spinach are bacon, jalapenos, broccoli, bell peppers, or any other veggie that you like!